Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday

Yesterday I had came home from soccer practice with Alec. About a half an hour of hanging out with him, I called my friend Ryan to see if he wanted to hang out too. Well, Ryan said he was with Josh and the two of them would come over.  When they got there we all watched TV thinking of something to do. After watching for a half an hour, we decided to play poker. We looked all over for poker chips but couldn't find any, so Ryan went to go get poker chips that he had at his house. While the rest of us were waiting for Ryan we decided to go to Holiday to get some pop. Then, when we all got back we started playing poker. I don't remember most of the hands but there is one I do remember. This hand was for me to stay in the game because I had to go all in. From what I thought, all I had was a pair of jacks, so we put our cards down on the table. From the looks of it, Josh was going to win it. Then, as he's pulling in the chips, he looks at my hand and sees that I had more then a pair of jacks, I had a strait flush. Josh was really mad, but after a while he got over it and won the game. Then, everybody had left, so I started to do my World Cup blog. Right as I was finishing my blog, Ryan and Josh came over to see if I wanted to go to Ryan's house. I said yes, and as I was walking out the door my mom says she doesn't want me biking late at night so I had to walk (run) while they were biking to Ryan's house. Then, from there, we hung out at Ryan's house till about 10:00; I left to go do my reading assignment for my parents.

2 comments:

  1. I hope this wasn't for money. You cannot have a straight flush and a pair in poker (unless you are playing a more sophisticate 7 card game and even then you throw out some cards). Tim needs to continue working with you on your card skills so you can begin to play with $$. Holiday snacks are pricey! Did you watch the UK game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were playing a modified version of Texas Hold'em. And yes i watched the game with UK and the US

    ReplyDelete